Any questions relating to data privacy with The Willwriting Sewrvice (Reading) or this policy should be sent by e mail to [email protected] Alternatively you can call on 0790 388 4278
What personal information is held
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information you consent to provide to The Willwriting Service (Reading) that is tequired to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, or potential contracts that may be in liaison between you and us.
- Information that you consent to provide as part of any direct marketing or sales activities. This includes and is not limited to personal information about you such as your name, telephone contact number, geographical address/location, e mail address and interest.
- If you contact us by telephone or in writing we may keep a copy of your correspondence/communication.
If you have provided us with the personal date of another person, there is a clear requirement imposed by The Willwriting Service (Reading) for you to confirm that he/she consents to the processing of his/her personal data and that you have informed him/her of our identity as a Data Controller and the nature of the processing taking place. Records will be retained as evidence of this consent.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Performance of a contract - We use information held about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and to notify you about changes to our services.
Legitimate interests - We use information held about you to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we may feel may interest you if relevant to the products or services currently being supplied as part of a contract with The Willwriting Service (Reading) or in relation to a previous contract with The Willwriting Service (Reading) whereby you are happy to continue to receive such information.
Consent (direct Marketing) - We use information held about you to provide you with information on products and/or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Where consent has been provided to The Willwriting Service (Reading), it is a recognised right of the Data Subject that this consent can also be withdrawn. Should you wish to withdraw consent, please use the contact details given above.
Consent (Website) - to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
We will not share your data with third parties for other marketing purposes unless we have your express consent to do so.
Your rights relating to Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes. We will seek consent (before collecting your data) If we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us using the contact details above.
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time.
Retention of your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure.
If any of your personal data changes, or if you have any questions about how we use data which relates to you, please contact us by e mail using the contact details above. We normally update your personal data within seven working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Disclosure of your information
As part of our GDPR compliance obligations we are duty bound to check when personal data may be shared with third parties to ensure that they apply the same or greater controls in terms of data protection.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of The Willwriters Association, our customers or others.
As part of our own due diligence we have identified that personal data held by The Willwriting Service (Reading) resides in the EU. Should a requirement for data to be transferrexd outside of the EU in future, The Willwriting Service (Reading) will implement controls and safeguards to ensure that equal to or greater data protection measures are enforced and records retained to evidence this.
The data controller is The Willwriting Service (Reading)